Miss Hirsch's Website
,Hello! My name is Maria Hirsch, and I teach first grade here at St. Patricks! I graduated from UW-Whitewater in May 2015 with a degree in Early Childhood/Middle Adolescence with a minor in teaching English as a Second Language. This is my second year teaching at St. Patricks, and I absolutely love it! I believe that learning should be fun, and I strive to meet the needs of each individual student so they can succeed to their fullest potential. I was born and raised in Janesville, but now I live in Milton.
First Grade is an exciting year at St. Patrick's because students are now in the "big" building! First Grade is an important year in the building blocks of learning because we are developing critical reading and math skills. We focus heavily on reading and math everyday and this is also reflected in our homework each night. I also focus on teaching students the skills to develop responsibility, as well as, how to be advocates for themselves. In addition, through our core classes and religion class, we also focus on learning to play and interact with others as Jesus would.
In my free time, I enjoy to travel. I have spent two months living abroad in Ecuador. I like to read and shop, as well as spend time with my family. I am also an avid sports fan. I will watch or attend any Milwaukee Brewers, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Bucks, or Wisconsin Badgers game!
- Gym Class is on Friday afternoons. Please make sure your child has appropriate footwear.
- First Grade Religion is taught by Mr. Sabaka.
- First Grade and Second Grade are combined for Social Studies class and taught by Miss Hirsch.
- First Grade and Kindergarten are combined for Specials (Art, Music, Phy. Ed.)
- Miss Hirsch teaches 2nd Grade Religion and Sacramental Preparation.